Brief Reviews of STCEI II:
A necessary acquisition for all theological and university libraries - Curtis Bochanyin, Divinity Librarian, University of Chicago
· The STCEI, without question, fills a major qap for reference works on Indian Church History. We are eagerly looking forward to the 3rd volume. - Newland F. Smith, Librarian for Collection Development, United Library, lllnois
· STCEI is a long awaited and much needed reference title for all libraries of religion and theology. It is thorough in its coverage of Christianity in India. Its articles are autographed and authoritative. Valuable too are the bibliographies accompanying most of the articles .. rich with maps, tables, and plates. A highly recommended reference tool for hard to obtain information - Kenneth O’Malley, C.P.,Library Director,Catholic Theological Union, Chicago.
· A great and indispensable need of the hour - Valerian Cardinal Gracias
· The authoritative articles, reproductions of ancient documents and the colour pictures will make the work very valuable - Joseph Cardinal Parecattil
· I want to commend to you a good reference book on Christianity in India . 1 know nothing better on that subject than the St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India .. It is compendious and comprehensive, scholarly and ecumenical. Some of the best scholars in India and abroad have contributed. There are numerous high quality illustrations and maps .. It covers the whole ground - history, culture, customs, divisions, art, architecture, music, parish, life, liturgical vestments, Christian traditional occupations, dance and drama, institutions, statistics - the coverage is remarkable, and the reliability of the information very high ... It is a tool worth having for any library, for any scholar interested in the history of Christianity, for anyone interested in understanding India and its religious heritage
- Paulos Mar Gregorios (Dr. Paul Verghese), Orthodox Theo. Coll. Principal and sometime President - the World Council of Churches
· Like Veda Vyasa the Editor has brought together almost all the information that exist about Indian Christianity into an ordered whole for the first time…Antony Cardinal Padiara, the First Major-Archbishop
· A wealth of essential information difficult if not Impossible to come across else where - Revue D’Histoire Eccl., Louvain, Belgium
· It is a lavishly produced work, much better produced than what usually comes from India ... The whole approach is ecumenical both in intent and content - Eastern Churches Review. London, U.K.
· The work is emphatically recommended - Kyrios Berlin, Germany
· Each major article is written by an expert - - R. N. S., New York, N. Y.
· An extra ordinary publishing achievement of lndian Christianity - USCC Bullettin. Washington, D.C.
· A monumental work containing significant information - Baltimore Review
· All the facts about Christian India - The Universe, London
· Exhaustive, historical, sociological, liturgical, archaeological and cultural information - Ostkirchlihe Studien.Wiursburg
· All these are treated with scholarly serenity by competent contributors - The Hindu. Madras
· Authoritative volumes worth possessing - The Journal of Dharma
· It is a big mirror in which is seen reflected a panoramic view of the historical, social, cultural and religious facets of the Christian community - All India Radio
· ...contributions are quite outstanding and even throw new light on well-known subjects - The Clergy Monthly
· The most important feature of the Encyclopaedia is its pioneering probe into the antiquities of Christianity - P. Thomas
· The best authorities in each denomination were invited to tell their story without the editorial cuts - - Metropolitan Mar Aprem
· An exhaustive research tool that can be universally recommended - M. M. Thomas
· Where governments and universities have failed the loving labour of a few individuals has triumphed - M. G. S. Narayanan in the Mathrubhoomi Weekly
· Authoritative articles by Indian as well as Western authors deal with every aspect of Christianity in India - The Indian Express
· It is to be respected as an extraordinary work of great importance - The Malayala Manorama